Thursday, September 26, 2013

Bucket of Legos





I have MIA for a while now. I'm sorry and it's sad that I haven't been writing. I have a good excuse, I've been in my own world studying Hinduism and learning how to medidate. I'm feel much more centered now-not sure why I didn't do this years ago, but that subject is a whole other blog I'll write about another time.

Tonight, I'm reflecting on my recent discovery of legos!
Being a girl, well woman now, I didn't get to play with them as a kid. My daughter was never interested in them either so I was excited when my son wanted some for his birthday.
However, I didn't quite think this one through... I have already felt the piercing pain of stepping on legos in the middle of the night. I have already survived the mini meltdown when he couldn't find the tiny helmet for the lego Iron Man. Don't even ask me how many cuss words I said as I sat with my son for an hour putting together the stinking boat that the lego Avengers ride in...WTF, an hour sorting through tiny blocks. I thought I would never get done, but I was so proud of myself when it was complete. Then it occurred to me that legos are sort of like my life right now.




Right out of the box, I'm a complete mess. Pieces of this and that all over the place. At first, it looks like the possibilities and combinations are endless. Peice by piece, trying to build something, I get frustrated and want to give up. In the process I don't see how what I'm doing could ever look like the object shown on the box. Although it seems to take forever, when I'm done, I'm so proud and I just want to tackle another project.

So that's my life right now. Evaluating all the pieces to see what to build next. Although lately, I'm not hoping it turns out like the image on the box-I want to create something totally different with my life.

Now I've confessed my new fascination with legos as I sit here playing with them like a big kid. Tell me, what childhood game is similar to your life right now?


No comments:

Post a Comment