Friday, August 9, 2013

Ruby slippers


What is it about a super cute pair of new shoes that makes a girl feel all gittty and pretty? I don't know but I loooooove me some heels. Don't you?

Being only 5 feet tall (there I admitted it for all the world to know) sometimes heels are a neccessity for certain outfits. Ever had the issues of not being able to find the right height heels for you pants or vice versa?  Having options is not optional, right?

I think I became obsessed with heels when I first saw Wizard of Oz and Dorothy had on those ruby red glitter heels...Yeah baby-I have been searching for the perfect replica ever since ya'll. I love heels.

My daughter thinks I have an addiction but as a mother there aren't many things I can buy for myself that I can keep all to myself. My laptop gets used for school paper and games and netflix marathons of superhero cartoons and power rangers so all I have left is my heels. What's so bad about that?

Any how the point of my rant this week is because I saw something on the Today's show about what's an approperate age to let little girls wear heels... With the things they make for little girls to wear, the least of my concerns forcing them to grow up too fast would be heels.

I wore heels to church as a little girl-no big deal. I allowed my daughter to have a pair of sandals or dress shoes with a little heel-no big deal. Even if they want to wear them all the time, trust me they will soon decide to put them away. While they are oh so freaking cute they can hurt like a mutha- $#!%^&. Even as an experienced heel wearer I have to give my feet a break during the day.

So here are some of the benefits, that I have found, to wearing heels.
They make you look taller.
They make your legs and butt look awesome.
You develop great posture and balance.
You look sexy (unless you go the rachet route then that's just a waste of a good shoe)

Now done wrong you can jack up your calf muscles and hips not to mention if you slip or fall it's a done one for your ankle. They definately are not for everyone, even if you can find them in your size. However, when you find that perfect pair that just calls your name from across the store you feel like you have found your sole mate! Hello there lover-where have you been all my life....
Me and my fav glitter heels on Beale St.
Great night with  my fam!



So ya'll I can't be alone. As I'm up late shopping for my next new lovely pair, tell me about your favorite pair of heels and why you love them. And do you think there is an appropriate age to allow your daughter to begin wearing heels? Think on that and be sure to share...I'll be browsing on zappos and amazon while I wait on your responses. :)

Not my closet but I'm working on getting here.




No comments:

Post a Comment