Sunday, May 19, 2013

Welcome Night owls

So, it's late and the kids are sleep. What to do?
Laundry-nah that's lame, who wants to fold clothes right now. 
Clean the kitchen-hell no! 
Have sex-eh I'll pass on that one too, well maybe revisit that idea later...
Write-ah yes that sounds like a much better idea!
Most of my days are spent taking care of everyone else, being a mediator, chef, chauffeur, maid, personal assistant, teacher, financial consultant, hair stylist, yadda yadda yadda. I'm left with the late nights after the kids are sleep, to take care of myself. Writing is my first love and lover I prefer to spend long nights with. I can sleep after I'm published and the kids are grown right?
It's also the time when I can text or chat with my girls about things we can't talk about when the kids are all up in our faces. Men, motherhood, plans to escape away from them (just kidding, kind of...)
This blog will be my sounding board for all the "after hours" mommy and writer things I come across. Bear with me while I navigate my way through the world of blogging and and adding content. I won't lie and say it will be life changing or even serious most of the time, but I can promise you great insight, advice, a few laughs and few tears and always conversations where you don't have to be afraid to be the marvelous mommies and wonderful writers that you are...
Now shhh...the kids are sleeping let's get started.
What do you do with your nights after the kids are asleep?

1 comment:

  1. This is a great introduction I'm definitely intrigued

    ReplyDelete